canberrabirds

FW: Reminder about snipe surveys this Saturday 18th

To: "" <>
Subject: FW: Reminder about snipe surveys this Saturday 18th
From: Lori Gould <>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 00:41:33 +0000

For your information…

From: Birgita Hansen <>
Sent: Monday, 13 January 2020 4:28 PM

Hi all

Apologies to those receiving two reminders – my email lists are not very easy to edit on an email-by-email basis.

Just a quick reminder to everyone that the last snipe survey of the season is this Saturday (18/1). I know some people have been severely affected by fires, especially our Gippsland colleagues, and may not be available to help. Our thoughts go out to them at this very difficult time. If everyone else is able to assist, that would be fabulous. I am expecting the fires to have a big impact on snipe in the region and it will be interesting to see if the snipe have moved and congregated elsewhere where we count.

Also, for your interest, we were successful in catching snipe and fitting transmitters to 3 birds in Canberra last week. I have placed a news article on the snipe website if you are interested in reading more: https://lathamssnipeproject.wordpress.com/2020/01/13/2020-satellite-tracking-off-to-a-good-start/

Cheers

Birgita

Dr Birgita Hansen

Senior Research Fellow

Centre for eResearch and Digital Innovation

Federation University Australia | Mount Helen | Suite 15 | Greenhill Enterprise Centre

PO Box 691 Ballarat Vic 3353

Treasurer

Australasian Wader Studies Group

Telephone +61 3 5327 9952 | Mobile 0428 591 810

www.cerdi.edu.au

www.waterbugblitz.org.au

www.lathamssnipeproject.wordpress.com

www.awsg.org.au