canberrabirds

Fire resources

To: COG Chat <>
Subject: Fire resources
From: Ryu Callaway <>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2020 10:18:39 +0000
While I imagine most of you will be well on top of the situation, here are a few resources I have found useful for monitoring the situation.

Fire hotspots map - https://hotspots.dea.ga.gov.au/ - gives you a better idea of the areas still burning as opposed to the burnt area shown on fires near me.
Fires near me - https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/fire-information/fires-near-me - current fire status and burnt areas. If you download the app you can get push notifications for a specified area.
NSW wind forecast map with speeds and directions - http://www.bom.gov.au/watl/wind/forecast.shtml?location=nsw&amp;tz=AEDT
ACT/NSW wide Fire Danger Ratings and Bans - https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/fire-information/fdr-and-tobans
ACT ESA State of Alert Govt Services updates - https://esa.act.gov.au/state-alert-declared-act-0
For facebook users I would recommend following ABC Canberra as they have been providing helpful and relevant updates throughout the day.

Total Fire Ban has been declared for Fri/Sat, and evacuation/leave zones currently cover Kosciusko, Snowy Mtns and SW Namadgi, and much of the coast south of Nowra, with more constantly being added.
Stay safe, be prepared, and take care. Your year list can wait :)

Ryu