canberrabirds

Koel

To: "" <>
Subject: Koel
From: Con Boekel <>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 08:31:58 +0000

Mark

This might be your perp. This Image was captured on 16 April 2017 at ANU adjacent to Sullivan's Creek

regards

Con

On 10/21/2019 9:44 AM, Mark Clayton wrote:

I lost all my goldfish to a White-faced Heron years ago. The last one, about 8 inches long, put up quite a fight as the heron flew off over the back fence with a very feisty fish struggling in its beak. I think the final outcome was the Labrador over the fence had a new "toy" for a while. I have not replaced the fish!!

Mark

                          A first for our garden, a male Koel at our water bath and also a kookaburra that has taken a liking to our goldfish, I get the feeling that he might end up as a regular visitor.

                         Roger