canberrabirds

An interesting visitor

To: 'Marg Peachey' <>, 'shorty' <>
Subject: An interesting visitor
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 03:54:23 +0000

The bare blue skin around the eyes, the longish beak and the pink patch on the lores all suggest to me that Long-billed Corella X Sulphur-crested Cockatoo is a likely correct label. Can Shorty comment on the size of the bird?

I suggest a sulphur-crested cockatoo missing a few crest feathers is something we would be familiar with (all birds moult their feathers at least once a year), but this is different from the usual.