canberrabirds

Common sandpiper

To: 'Canberrabirds' <>
Subject: Common sandpiper
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 06:25:58 +0000

I have just come back from there. I again walked around the pond. The 1 pied stilt & 1 great egret are still there. Plus all the others as before. I did not find the Common Sandpiper but that does not mean it isn’t there. I saw one adult black duck with 9 small ducklings, twice, on opposite sides of the pond. I am confused, is that two different families or did the family swim all the way across, past all the other ducks and I did not see that. I did go out of view for 15 minutes or so to walk across the bridge. The dead wombat is now smelly and decomposing.

Philip