canberrabirds

The Great Inland Glossy Count

To: "" <>
Subject: The Great Inland Glossy Count
From: B&RGraham <>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 09:06:18 +0000

The Great Inland Glossy Count..

From

m("environment.nsw.gov.au","Adam.Fawcett");" >Adam Fawcett

m("canberrabirds.org.au","cogoffice");" >

Date

Today 18:25

Message Body

I’m hoping the following information would be of interest to your members. If so I would appreciate it if you could email the details below to your distribution lists.

As part of a bigger project looking at the inland NSW population of the Glossy Black Cockatoo, the Central West Local Land Services in partnership with NSW NPWS, Forest Corp NSW and the Dubbo Field Naturalists are preparing to run the first Great Inland Glossy Count.

This will be the first coordinated count across the NSW inland population between Parkes and Narrabari. The count will be run on the first three weekends in November 2019 at each of the three main sites

·    2 November 2019 - Pilliga Forests (and surrounds)

·    9 November 2019 - Goonoo National Park (and surrounds)

·    16 November 2019 - Goobang National Park (and surrounds)

The project team is looking for volunteers to assist with the counts on one or more of those weekends. Choice is up to the individual where they would like to participate in the count. This is a great opportunity to visit some of our inland National Parks and state forests as part of a large scale citizen science project The only equipment required are a pair of binoculars, a notepad and the ability to travel to the site.

For anyone interested and after more details please feel free to drop me an email and I’ll provide additional information.

Anyone keen to volunteer should sign-up via the online volunteer portal (http://bttr.im/gbfu8) by Wednesday 30 October.

Cheers

Adam…

Adam Fawcett

Senior Project Officer (SOS)
Northern Inland Branch

NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS)

M 0472 834 001