canberrabirds

Early Spring Observations Jacky Winter Hooded Robin + more

To: "" <>
Subject: Early Spring Observations Jacky Winter Hooded Robin + more
From: kym bradley <>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2019 09:27:18 +0000
Jacky Winter collecting items for their nest watched one pick up the grass  and take it to where their nest is

Hooded male Robin is now feeding the female she is accepting the food  "fluttering " for him to feed her, he is also calling loud if she is not in his view

Yellow-Rumped Thornbills also nest collection of items

Wedge Tailed Eagles nesting

Honeyeaters  numbers increasing each day,  Willie Wagtails numbers are up

Nankeen Kestrels  also increasing

Diamond firetails have been working on a large nest  which may be a roosting nest will keep an eye on as grass is taken in each day

Male Brown Treecreeper is feeding female  they wish their normal nesting area again having issues with red rumps if like last year they will sort it out

Double-barred finch numbers are increasing also they are moving from what I call their "Winter position" to their spring summer

Numerous Dusky Woodswallows  who arrived early this season by my books

Straited Pardolates displaying

2 of the many Dusky Woodswallows have been displaying since yesterday

2 Pairs of Restless flycatchers

pallid cuckoos and Fantail cuckoos

Kookaburra in and out of nest hole

I have not done all the images to match these reports as yet

These observations are ONLY from my area so please no emails saying since when they gave been here  etc