canberrabirds

Finch extinction

To: chatline <>
Subject: Finch extinction
From: John Harris <>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 04:28:16 +0000

My interest in raising the topic of finches on the chatline was that I knew that members were all concerned about bird  extinction. I was bringing to people’s attention that aviary breeders may have a role in reintroducing extinct or endangered species.  I agree with Philip that there has been much interbreeding and selective breeding and believe I said so in my piece.

For those who did not receive the email from Birdlife and who may be interested, the web version is

https://support.birdlife.org.au/emailviewonwebpage.aspx?erid=15813924&trid=59e74231-d4da-4444-a4d9-454e093c9a7a