canberrabirds

Re: FW: [canberrabirds] out of area - clearing land using goats

To: Geoffrey Dabb <>
Subject: Re: FW: [canberrabirds] out of area - clearing land using goats
From: David Rees <>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2019 00:31:23 +0000
Geoffrey

Sorry but you are putting words in my mouth.  There is little or no demand locally for goat meat.  There is an export industry which is significant. There could be more demand if those resident in Australia consumed more of it.  Goat numbers will run up and down with conditions and it is probably true that goats represent a viable 'crop' in such areas (better than cattle or sheep over time) esp. if better managed with connected up thinking between land managers. Nothing is simple, that is obvious.

David