canberrabirds

FW: [canberrabirds] Young birds and a milestone

To: "" <>
Subject: FW: [canberrabirds] Young birds and a milestone
From: Geoffrey Dabb <>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 23:48:30 +0000

It is a remarkable achievement.  Callum Brae (bottom left in the below graphic) is about 1km distant. At a recent talk at the historic Mugga-Mugga cottage centre on the birds to be found there, I contrasted Shorty’s list from across the olive farm and about 500m away with what could be found in the relatively birdless cottage paddocks.  The audience was quite surprised, particularly at Shorty’s ‘most abundant’ list (eg Little Ravens).  Like most Canberra residents they knew nothing at all about the swifts.