canberrabirds

Maps of Canberra Nature Park and other reserves

To: Julian Robinson <>
Subject: Maps of Canberra Nature Park and other reserves
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 20:07:04 +0000
Excellent news Julian.

It is unfortunate, given that the ACT is surrounded by NSW, that the two Governments seem to have such trouble communicating (this applies generally - the two Fire Services are another example).  In this case the mapping/land information agencies make much revenue from selling detailed cadastre to developers so tend to hold the data rather closely.

Where are the digital maps held and how do you view them?

I tend to use the map available in eBird but it doesn't have Reserve boundaries and is a little clunky to use.  It does have the benefit of showing exactly where you are, which has been quite helpful on occasion.