canberrabirds

Honeyeater migration A "me too" moment - more Yellow-faced Honeyeaters-

To: Philip Veerman <>
Subject: Honeyeater migration A "me too" moment - more Yellow-faced Honeyeaters- ? cold cooma weather
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2019 06:08:40 +0000
In some cases - if considering a single year, and particularly if the week following Christmas is involved- adjusting for observer effort can make a difference.  That is why the A statistics is used.

However I had found in the past that if one is looking across years - ie all records in week 'n' regardless of year - then the differences are trivial so its a waste of time going to the extra fiddling about as the shape of the chart is almost identical.

As the question has been raised I have investigated the impact of adjusting for number of observer weeks. The observer effort is almost identical in each of the weeks shown - within 2% of the average.  The graphs are in effect identical in shape. (I have omitted  furniture such as titles and identifiers as they aren't necessary to demonstrate this point.)

23 98 YFHE.JPG