canberrabirds

Odd Peregrine

To: COG Chat <>
Subject: Odd Peregrine
From: shorty <>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2019 18:19:58 +0000
We went for a walk on the Honyong-Cotter walking track yesterday and at the first earth filled dam from the main dam i spotted a Falcon and from a fleeting glace thought Hobby so i took a quick off the hip shot to check my id later.

It turned out to be a Peregrine but it does not look like one of ours and i am thinking ssp calidus, thoughts?

We may not be able to confirm this from my only lousy pic so if anyone is going out to Cotter this weekend please keep an eye out for it. It would be great if someone could get a better pic.

Shorty