canberrabirds

Out of Area ID?

To: 'John Harris' <>, 'Julie Clark' <>
Subject: Out of Area ID?
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2019 06:09:30 +0000

I also think it is a Red-capped Plover. I would think that the most likely. They are a fair bit smaller than the 2 Sand-Plover species but we can’t tell that from the photo. But it doesn’t look chunky enough, and there is too much reddish colour on the back and wing coverts for them. Also I think the part neck collar fits Red-capped Plover best.

Philip