canberrabirds

FW: May be of interest

To: "" <>
Subject: FW: May be of interest
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 02:52:57 +0000

The trailers on ABC TV for this series show a Black Kite picking up a burning stick, presumably to carry it and spread the fire. So I am interested to see that. This is something stated to have long been claimed by aboriginal people and long been not believed or considered with scepticism. Australian Birdlife 7(1):32-35 March 2018, discussed this but I don’t know of any film evidence of this before.

Philip