canberrabirds

Short walks (not in the Hindu Kush)

To: COG List <>
Subject: Short walks (not in the Hindu Kush)
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 00:41:57 +0000
Since moving to Civic our morning walk has basically been directly from the apartment to the lake shore and a lap of (most of) Nerang Pool and return.  This morning when we got to the end of the bridge over the pool a Latham's Snipe flushed from the water lilies in the Eastern portion of the pool and flew across the lilies landing in the middle of that section.

Later I returned to the vicinity of the H C Coombs building at ANU to check on the Superb Parrot situation.  I spotted 23 today, mostly at points 1 and 2 in this image.
27 03 route.jpg
I have not been able to see a yellow iris on any of the (non adult-male) birds and wonder if that is because they are all juveniles or just my poor eyesight?