canberrabirds

Eagle or Little Eagle ???

To: 'Stuart Rae' <>, "" <>
Subject: Eagle or Little Eagle ???
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2018 10:08:53 +0000

I don’t know. I didn’t see it. Eagles have fully feathered legs. Did this one? And does the person know the options?  The description - such as it is - also fits a not quite adult White-bellied Sea-Eagle. Without further description, it could be that, or a range of other things: most obviously Whistling Kite, Brown Falcon, (or less likely) young Spotted Harrier, adult male Swamp Harrier, ……….