canberrabirds

More Woodswallows

To: COG List <>
Subject: More Woodswallows
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 06:06:27 +0000
A slightly smaller mixed flock of woodswallows has been hawking over our place most of the afternoon.   They were constantly in flight rather than the usual practice here of feeding on the ground and resting on trees.  As they were flying briskly over woodland coming up with any estimate of numbers was difficult.  As far as I could guess there about 20 Dusky Woodswallows and 10 each of Masked and White-browed.