canberrabirds

Saturday Percival Hill Walk Kingfishers

To: chatline <>
Subject: Saturday Percival Hill Walk Kingfishers
From: John Harris <>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2018 03:03:40 +0000

Hi especially my Saturday Walk friends.

I have been approached about writing up our Kingfisher adventure more seriously for CBN which I am of course happy to do. With that in mind, I have two requests of you.

  1. Can you send me privately your perspective on what you observed. I believe the kingfishers were predating the pardalote hollow but it could be argued that they were evicting the pardalotes to occupy the hollow themselves. Or both! Do you have a view on this?  Please send to me personally so as not to bore the chatline too much.
  2. I would like a good photo to publish with the article. There were plenty of you with good cameras. Please send me a photo with both Kingfishers – privately again of course because I need High Resolution anyway to publish.

Cheers and thanks. John