canberrabirds

Watson Swift Parrots (Film)

To: Julie Clark <>
Subject: Watson Swift Parrots (Film)
From: Matthew Willis <>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2018 00:58:30 +0000
Lovely photos, Julie.

I missed them in Watson yesterday, but found them this morning courtesy of Con and Linda and their serious lenses. Myself and my more humble lens managed a few shots in what are definitely tricky conditions.

This morning they were out the front of the houses and then decamped, some taking up positions in the lerp-ridden eucalypt just inside the construction zone around the bend. A few more had possibly headed into the woodland park, in the general direction of which young Con was headed when we parted.

It's been a thrill to have this chance to see this beautiful little birds - thanks to the group.

Matthew