canberrabirds

Swift Parrots etc

To: COG Chatline <>
Subject: Swift Parrots etc
From: Julie Clark <>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 09:45:36 +0000
Hi All,

The Swift Parrots were still located in 'the tree' at the National Gallery this afternoon. We saw 6 of them, but there were possibly more in the vicinity. Photos on Flickr for anyone interested ...

Some other far less significant sightings in Gungahlin in the past week ....
  • a pair of lorikeets - hybrids .. possible/probable escapees from Gold Creek Aviary (one bird banded). The interesting thing is that I believe it may well be the same pair that visited us in October 2017. Photos of both visits are on Flickr ..
m("N08/43986434904/in/dateposted-public/","//www.flickr.com/photos/140414659");">https:
  • Superb Parrots present in numbers at Yerrabi Pond - feeding on lerps in Eucalypts and some feeding on the ground
m("N08/44854248502/in/dateposted-public/","//www.flickr.com/photos/140414659");">https:
  • My first Masked Lapwing chick that I was able to photograph ... doing so from the car window  (for my safety and to avoid upsetting the adults)
m("N08/43986433714/in/dateposted-public/","//www.flickr.com/photos/140414659");">https:

I have finally finished editing most of my Northern Territory pics .... too many!!
If anyone is REALLY bored they can wade through them all!!

Cheers
Julie

--
Julie Clark