canberrabirds

A feathered fork-feeder

To: 'Geoffrey Dabb' <>, "" <>
Subject: A feathered fork-feeder
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2018 05:45:56 +0000

Last week I had some bony remnants of a fish dinner (basically head and spine) that I intended to feed to Silver Gulls at Lake Tuggeranong, however finding none of them, I opted to feed a few ravens, which accepted bits, although not overly enthusiastically. Also a magpie came to share and during the process a butcherbird that had presumably been watching, although I had not noticed it until it quickly came down and grabbed a bit and flew off.

Black Kites if familiar with people, are also very adept at catching food thrown to them.

Philip