canberrabirds

Re: Old growth trees

To: 'John Layton' <>, 'Canberra birds' <>
Subject: Re: Old growth trees
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 23:48:58 +0000

In case anyone wants all the lyrics, here is one of many sites: https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/jonimitchell/bigyellowtaxi.html

Big Yellow Taxi"

They paved paradise
Put up a parking lot
With a pink hotel, a boutique
And a swinging hot SPOT

Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone?
They paved paradise
Put up a parking lot

They took all the trees
And put them in a tree museum
Then they charged the people
A dollar and a half just to see 'em

Don't it always seem to go,
That you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone?
They paved paradise
Put up a parking lot

Hey, farmer, farmer,
Put away that DDT now
Give me spots on my apples
But leave me the birds and the bees
Please!

Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got 'til its gone?
They paved paradise
Put up a parking lot

Late last night I heard the screen door slam
And a big yellow taxi took away my old man

Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone?
They paved paradise
Put up a parking lot

I said