canberrabirds

RE: FW: [canberrabirds] Cockatoos dropping rocks

Subject: RE: FW: [canberrabirds] Cockatoos dropping rocks
From: Alison <>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 04:23:19 +0000

When I first started work I often had to deliver papers from the Treasury Building to Parliament House and various Barton offices. Walking through the avenues of pine trees in the gardens near the Lobby, I not only had to dodge swooping magpies, but the cockatoos would feed on the pine cones and when startled, would fly off carrying the cones, which they would subsequently drop. There were reports of these cones actually hitting people. Luckily they weren’t the 1 kg variety.

Alison