canberrabirds

Out of area Koel

To: Philip Veerman <>, "" <>
Subject: Out of area Koel
From: Jack & Andrea Holland <>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 09:22:56 +0000
Many thanks for the update Philip, interesting that you haven’t been able to confirm the host.  Red Wattlebirds are a pretty safe bet from the behaviour you describe, especially if there are no Friarbirds around as at my place.

Correct, I was referring to my local area which seems to be different from much of the rest of Canberra.  While I thought things were slowing down I’ve still been getting a steady stream of reports (another one this evening) throughout February and I’m now aware of about 69 fledglings, significantly higher than last year.  I’m expecting at least 10 more to mid March based on previous patterns.

Regards

Jack Holland