canberrabirds

Koel fledglings

To: Philip Veerman <>, "" <>
Subject: Koel fledglings
From: Jack & Andrea Holland <>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 02:54:18 +0000
Philip, in the many times I have located and observed Koel fledglings, particularly in my local area, they always have been out of the nest, and I’ve never found the nest they may have been raised in, even when probably within my GBS site.  As noted in my ACT paper in the latest issue of CBN there are only around half a dozen times when they’ve been first recorded in the nest before fledging, which all suggests they are rather quiet in the nest.

Jack Holland