canberrabirds

bogong moths

To: Birds Canberra <>
Subject: bogong moths
From: Elizabeth Compston <>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 02:43:35 +0000
It is still worth someone going and having a look.  I can't at the moment give
you the years when our bush walking club went to Ginini and Gingera.  It was
the years when the moths caused problems in the lights at Parliament house, and
other places.  There would still be lots of moths at Gingera.  I take in that
we have had a dry year and so this would have affected the flowers, but there
was a drought for many years in the early 2000s

It is a good walk anyway, and I am sure that there wold be some moths, unless
they have taken a quite different route, due to winds and rain if any

Elizabeth
Emails posted to the list that exceed 200 kB in size, including attachments,
will be rejected.
All emails distributed via the list are archived at
http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/html/canberrabirds. It is a
condition of list membership that you agree to your contributions being
archived.
When subscribing or unsubscribing, please insert the word 'Subscribe' or
'Unsubscribe', as applicable, in the email's subject line.
List manager: David McDonald, email <>