canberrabirds

Firebirds

To: chatline <>
Subject: Firebirds
From: John Harris <>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 00:50:29 +0000

A number of people have contacted me regarding my post the other day about ‘Firebirds’ - Black Kites in the Northern Territory. If you google ‘Black Kite fire’, and then click ‘images’, you will get some excellent photos which illustrate their close association with fire – and remarkable lack of fear. I was both surprised and pleased that in the initial google page, I learned that there is some formal interest in the claim that Black Kites purposely spread fire.