canberrabirds

eBird Australia enhancement: Explore a County, State, or Country | eBird

To: "David McDonald (personal) " <>, CanberraBirds <>
Subject: eBird Australia enhancement: Explore a County, State, or Country | eBird
From: Ryu Callaway <>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 03:26:52 +0000
Excellent update, thanks for letting us know David.
For those of you who get ebird rare (or needs) bird alerts, it means you can
now get alerts for individual LGAs as well - previously, you couldn't get
alerts for sightings just over the border without getting reports for the whole
of NSW.
One thing I recently noticed is that the location pin beside each 'last seen'
which you could hover over to see the location of the report on the regional
summaries has disappeared, possibly when this improvement was implemented.
Hopefully that can be fixed.

Ryu

--- David McDonald (personal) <> wrote:
> Hi, eBird Australia now shows Australian data by 'county', i.e. local
> government area: http://ebird.org/ebird/australia/places
>
> An excellent enhancement, many thanks to those responsible.
>
> The pedants among us may point out that, for NSW, the LGAs used are those
> that preceded the 2016 forced council amalgamations (John Barilaro: 'There
> will be no forced amalgamations') which I, as an opponent of them, find a
> delicious irony!
>
> David
>
> -- David McDonald
> 1004 Norton Road
> Wamboin NSW 2620
> Australia
> T: (02) 6238 3706
> M: 0416 231 890
> F: (02) 9475 4274
> E:
>

> *******************************************************************************************************
> This is the email announcement and discussion list of the Canberra
> Ornithologists Group.
> Emails posted to the list that exceed 200 kB in size, including attachments,
> will be rejected.
> All emails distributed via the list are archived at
> http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/html/canberrabirds. It is a
> condition of list membership that you agree to your contributions being
> archived.
> When subscribing or unsubscribing, please insert the word 'Subscribe' or
> 'Unsubscribe', as applicable, in the email's subject line.
> List manager: David McDonald, email
> <>

Emails posted to the list that exceed 200 kB in size, including attachments,
will be rejected.
All emails distributed via the list are archived at
http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/html/canberrabirds. It is a
condition of list membership that you agree to your contributions being
archived.
When subscribing or unsubscribing, please insert the word 'Subscribe' or
'Unsubscribe', as applicable, in the email's subject line.
List manager: David McDonald, email <>