canberrabirds

Re: Terms

To: COG List <>
Subject: Re: Terms
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 04:43:40 +0000
The sighting of Whiskered Terns was part of a foray this morning to the three pondages along the Weston Coombs axis.  All three had goodies, but unfortunately no Latham's Snipe that I could track down..

Edgeworth Pond was initially a great disappointment as most of the walking track around the pond has been blocked of because someone is contemplating the possibility of doing some construction activity.  (Of course there was nothing going on this morning to merit closing off the access.)  However, just as I was about to give up and move I noticed white-rumped hirundines flying around the bridge over the Southern end of the pond.  It turned out to be at least 20 Fairy Martins with nests under construction.

Coombs pond had no access issues but did have at least 7 White-fronted Chats.  1 adult male and the rest presumably female as I would have expected juveniles to be in adult plumage by now.

The Whiskered Terns were the big-ticket item at North Weston.

Martin