canberrabirds

RE: 2 spotted turtle doves

To: 'Mickey Clarke' <>, "" <>
Subject: RE: 2 spotted turtle doves
From: Suzanne EDGAR <>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 05:48:40 +0000
in my Garran garden yesterday
Sz

-----Original Message-----
From: Mickey Clarke
Sent: Wednesday, 20 September 2017 7:43 PM
Subject: Can anyone identify this bird?

Hey everyone,

I'm new to COG and I spotted a bird at Strangers Pond today but I'm not sure
what it is. I was wondering if anyone could identify it? I have a video (the
link is below), it's not very good, though it does record the birds call so
that might give someone a clue.

The bird looked almost like a galah in size and features only it was
entirely grey. I couldn't see fine details due to distance and lack of
binoculars. I'm wondering if it might be a female Gang-gang cockatoo?

Thanks,
Mickey

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Tx0TZDuHA