canberrabirds

Gang gangs

To: Canberrabirds List <>
Subject: Gang gangs
From: Elizabeth Compston <>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2017 23:32:20 +0000
We have had a pair of gang gangs, male and female, with two (male) young ones
coming to our feeder, where I can watch them every morning.  They are quite
tame.  I love them.  I have been ill, and in hospital for quite some time in
the past few months and so have not noted any dates--can't remember when the
family first started coming.  It look now as if mum and dad are telling their
off spring, rather gently though, that it is time for them to stop being
dependent.

Can you tell, from the plumage of the young ones, how old they are?  At

At what age do the parents  say 'off you go'?

(At the moment 9.26am the two young ones are feeding about a meter from where I
am, with the window between us).  I wish that I new where there went after
leaving us.  Years ago, a family went to Geoffrey''s place .  There were 4
young ones in that family

Elizabeth Compston

Sent from my iPad

Emails posted to the list that exceed 200 kB in size, including attachments,
will be rejected.
All emails distributed via the list are archived at
http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/html/canberrabirds. It is a
condition of list membership that you agree to your contributions being
archived.
When subscribing or unsubscribing, please insert the word 'Subscribe' or
'Unsubscribe', as applicable, in the email's subject line.
List manager: David McDonald, email <>