canberrabirds

A couple of sightings

To: COG List <>
Subject: A couple of sightings
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 10:04:51 +0000
A brilliantly coloured male Flame Robin in our garden this morning after at least 1 female along the road on our dog walk this morning.  In the previous 10 years we've lived here I have not seen one of these birds up in our area whereas they have been common on the Plain.   This year they were around our block in Autumn and have been present along Whiskers Creek Rd on a daily basis for the past 3-4 weeks, and spasmodically in my GBS site.

A Little Eagle flew over the GBS site at a fair altitude this morning getting very harsh treatment from an Australian Raven while the Magpies stayed at tree top level giving vocal encouragement to the corvid.