canberrabirds

Secondhand report of interest

To: Martin Butterfield <>
Subject: Secondhand report of interest
From: Elizabeth Keen <>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 10:27:58 +0000
On the way back from the very enjoyable Tidbinbilla walk today I stopped off at the ANBG. Sat to eat picnic lunch on a bench (labelled 'Leuning's Lookout') high up on a track leading towards BM Tower. Directly across the track from this bench is a large nobbly gum and there in a comfy looking hollow was an Owlet Nightjar sunning itself with fluffed up feathers and half-closed eyes. A lovely sight and a definite highlight of the day for me. LK