canberrabirds

Red-rumped Parrot abundance

To: Duncan McCaskill <>
Subject: Red-rumped Parrot abundance
From: "calyptorhynchus ." <>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 22:02:26 +0000
Thanks, very interesting, and confirms my observations that they seem to be more abundant now than I have ever seen (we arrived in the ACT in 1994). I guess they can nest in smaller hollows than the bigger parrots and have more choice in breeding sites.

I wonder why the reporting rate plunged from 1989 to 1991 though, this was before the big drought of c 1995-2010.

John L