canberrabirds

Mallards? at West Belconnen Pond

To: COG Chatline <>
Subject: Mallards? at West Belconnen Pond
From: Julie Clark <>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2017 03:45:08 +0000
Hi All,

As a follow-up to my last email I thought other eBird users  might find this information useful ....

I had an email from an eBird reviewer in which the following was included -

As per eBird guidelines we validate mallard if it looks like a wild-type mallard. We do not take providence into account.

Again as per the guidelines Mallard (domestic species) refers to barnyard type ducks i.e. ducks that have no resemblance to wild-type mallards.

Based on that information my eBird entry now reads 'Mallard'.

Cheers
A thoroughly confused Birder!
(Julie)