canberrabirds

Mallards? at West Belconnen Pond

To: Martin Butterfield <>
Subject: Mallards? at West Belconnen Pond
From: sandra henderson <>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 19:08:11 +0000
The notes under Mallard in COG's annual bird report (Canberra  Bird Notes 42(1)) say true Northern Mallard has never been reported in this region, which is why I always put them in as domestic type birds. It also indicates the general confusion, speculating on the fact that records with Mallard, mallard (domestic), and Mallard/black duck hybrids are probably all reporting the same birds.
Sandra h