canberrabirds

This is getting worse

To: Geoffrey Dabb <>
Subject: This is getting worse
From: shorty <>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 02:35:28 +0000
I believe they do think that the balls are food. My local pair bring them back to my place and i have observed them trying to break them open. Sometimes they bury them and try again the next day and even put them in my birdbath to try and soften them.

One time one of the Ravens spent nearly an hour trying to crack on open, quite amusing to sit on the deck and watch them. I often wonder what they think when they drop them from the tree onto the road and the ball races back up to them after hitting the road :)

Shorty