canberrabirds

Wotsits answers

To: 'Geoffrey Dabb' <>, "" <>
Subject: Wotsits answers
From: Don Fletcher <>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 22:37:09 +0000

Great detail photos

Don Fletcher

0428 48 9990

From: Geoffrey Dabb [
Sent: Wednesday, 10 May 2017 7:10 PM
Subject: FW: [canberrabirds] Wotsits answers

Quite a few responses, thank you.  Suzi B and Philip V got them all and others missed by only one.

  1. Hardhead (Duck) – actually it was a male but not evident in that sliver.
  2. Gang-gang male
  3. Willie Wagtail
  4. Great Crested Grebe, rear end. Some suggested Australasian.  The thin legs and colour, and topicality, might have been a pointer.
  5. House Sparrow.  Mark said sub-dominant male so who am I to disagree.
  6. White-faced Heron.
  7. Tawny Frogmouth – in my backyard actually.  I believe it is the female that has that brownish streak, in this case.  Seen it a few times.
  8. Grey fantail
  9. Zebra Finch, male, from Kelly Swamp, of course

Won’t do this again too soon. Maybe in spring.

All local, all last 4 weeks