canberrabirds

FW: [canberrabirds] A common bird in an unusual location

To: "" <>
Subject: FW: [canberrabirds] A common bird in an unusual location
From: Geoffrey Dabb <>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2017 23:07:57 +0000

From: Geoffrey Dabb [
Sent: Sunday, 7 May 2017 10:24 AM

From: Martin Butterfield
Sent: Sunday, 7 May 2017 10:01 AM
To: Con Boekel
Cc: COG List

I can understand the confusion with a shiny roof and water, but a bitumen road is a more serious stretch of visualisation.

WRT to tailings ponds and the like, the Rocky Mountain Arsenal outside Denver had some ponds with all sorts of nasty stuff in them.  Ducks which landed in them were reputed to have about 30 minutes to get the affairs in order.