canberrabirds

Good bird day

To: "" <>
Subject: Good bird day
From: David & Adele Rosalky <>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 03:59:01 +0000

Didn’t even have to leave home.

This morning, around 8am, there was much bird activity outside my place.

·         Mixed feeding flock consisting of mainly grey fantails and both species of pardalotes and a pair of white-browed scrub-wrens

·         Four gang-gangs flew over

·         A little corella as well as several sulphur-crested cockies

·         A cloud of very noisy currawongs filled the sky for a minute or two before dispersing (30-40?).

At lunchtime, there was a noisy flock of SCCs (not unusual), but when I looked up to observe them, I saw that they were chasing a barn owl.  The owl alighted somewhere nearby as all hell broke loose.  Then it reappeared trying to make a getaway, but was closely and aggressively attended by magpies, currawongs, and ravens with the SCCs circling above for a good view.

David Rosalky