canberrabirds

Superb Parrots in Amaroo

To: COG Chatline <>
Subject: Superb Parrots in Amaroo
From: Rosemary Blemings <>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 06:04:59 +0000
Julie's gorgeous photos show the Superbs feeding, as noted, on Chinese Elms.
Do we know whether these seeds are viable after birds have eaten them?
Chinese Elms are attractive trees but perhaps the wisdom of their being widely planted as street may need to be examined. A friend in Mckellar had many Chinese Elm seedlings in her native garden their seeds; had blown in from the street trees.
Thanks for any observations on birds' eating habits and seeds' or berries' subsequent viability.

Rosemary