canberrabirds

Re: FW: [canberrabirds] The Debate Continues

To: "" <>
Subject: Re: FW: [canberrabirds] The Debate Continues
From: "David McDonald (personal)" <>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 23:14:37 +0000
The sources to which Geoffrey refers, incl the free full text of Tobias et al. 2010 and the HBW/BLI introductions, are online at http://datazone.birdlife.org/species/taxonomy
David

On 13/03/2017 9:58 AM, Geoffrey Dabb wrote:

Yes Noel, that’s why it’s called a debate.  The case for the Tobias species criteria is set out in the introduction to Vol I of the HBW/BLI Checklist.  There is a good summary of the contrary viewpoint in relation to WLAB  in South Australian Ornithologist December 2016 but the PDF is slightly too large to circulate here