canberrabirds

The Debate Continues

To: "" <>
Subject: The Debate Continues
From: Geoffrey Dabb <>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 03:13:58 +0000

Further to my talk last Wednesday on bird names and global lists my attention had been drawn to the attached article.  This represents only one side in an increasingly pointed debate.  However it is the side that claims ‘bird conservation’ as its main priority and holds  the viewpoint that underlies the present Birdlife Australia and COG bird lists.