canberrabirds

FW: [canberrabirds] RFI

To: "" <>
Subject: FW: [canberrabirds] RFI
From: Geoffrey Dabb <>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 07:57:43 +0000

Perhaps some are a little out of date, but I have:

Mark Brazil ‘The Birds of Japan’  1991

Yukiyasu Kiyosu  ‘Birds’ Life in Japan’ 1959 2 profusely illustrated volumes, in Japanese

Wild Bird Society of Japan ‘A Field Guide to the Birds of Japan’  1982

James Clavell ‘Shogun’  1975  -  a well-thumbed paperback copy

Yoshimaro Yamashina ‘Birds in Japan – a Field Guide’  1982

Keisuke Kobayashi ‘Birds of Japan in Natural Colours’  1982, in Japanese

Rafael Steinberg ‘The Cooking of Japan’ 1972 (Time-Life Foods of the World series)

Jane Robinson ‘A Birder’s Guide to Japan’  1987

National Geographic Magazine of April 1936, an article ‘Friendly Journeys in Japan’ (see below illustration of ‘Caged Fishing Cormorants Need Frequent Exercise’)

I could bring a couple of the smaller works to the COG meeting on Wednesday