canberrabirds

Day of the Dragon [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

To: 'CanberraBirds' <>
Subject: Day of the Dragon [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 06:38:00 +0000

I am pretty sure I too have seen Bee-eaters, Sacred Kingfisher and maybe a Dollarbird taking dragonflies and eating them. There must be lots of photos around showing that. Surely HANZAB would have many others birds recorded as predators. One of the Attenborough films shows Swallows (likely Barn Swallows) doing the same.  I didn’t know of reed warbler taking them and I don’t think I have seen them eating anything that big.

Philip