canberrabirds

Day of the Dragon [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

To: 'Geoffrey Dabb' <>, "" <>
Subject: Day of the Dragon [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]
From: "Perkins, Harvey" <>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 01:07:23 +0000

Thanks, Geoff – nice record and lovely (or should that be superb?) photo. Love the way you got the rust of the star-picket to bring out the immature coloration of the banding on the abdomen and thorax! This is a recently emerged male Wandering Ringtail (Austrolestes leda) – given the opportunity he would have matured to a bright blue and black – rivalling the colouration of his captor.

Harvey

Dr Harvey Perkins

CRC Programme Operations

AusIndustry – Business Services