canberrabirds

Flock of Little Corellas

To: 'COG' <>
Subject: Flock of Little Corellas
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 23:00:11 +0000

In the last week, what I am assuming (with no particular basis) as the regular Tuggeranong flock has taken to flying over my home each evening. One day last week a flock of 60 or so spent about 30 minutes in a noisy gathering on the power lines in front of my place, in the process enticing out one of the neighbours (who did not know what they are) with her camera. That is so far the only time I have seen them perched within my GBS area. On Friday night I had a flock of at least 300 fly over my place, or at least that many simultaneously present within the GBS area, but total numbers going over would have been a lot more. Yesterday maybe 150 in combination with about 100 SC Cockatoos.

Philip