canberrabirds

Reporting captive birds at Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve

To: Paul Fennell <>
Subject: Reporting captive birds at Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 07:10:35 +0000
Paul

I have in the past seen an emu near the high point on the Camelback trail.  Still in Tidbinbilla, but I would rate it as a wild - or at least feral -bird, although almost certainly descended from the BBQ-bandits around the visitor centre.  The same probably applies to those seen on Corin Rd and even the gang I saw at Cotter.

I'd suggest that it is probably better with species of mixed provenance to report any that are not actually fenced in and let the analysts sort out how to report them.

Martin