canberrabirds

musk lorikeets

To: Cog line <>
Subject: musk lorikeets
From: sandra henderson <>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2016 08:57:44 +0000
as has occurred in the last few years, some musk lorikeets have come to spend the summer in Wanniassa. Having returned only this week from 7 weeks away, not sure when they arrived, but have been hearing them in last 3 days as I attack the wilderness in the backyard. Just now I have been looking at two high in the  old  red gum in my backyard. This is earlier than their return in the previous 2 summers (I believe I reported them arriving in Jan 2015 and Jan 2016)

The birds usually spend much of their time in the eucs in the "woodland" area next to Wanniassa Hills Primary, along with the rainbow lorikeets. They stay around for several months.

sandra h